Beige and Beyond! The Top 5 Neutral Beige Paint Colours
Partner post: The 5 Best TAN Paint Colours: Benjamin and Sherwin
Gone are the days of boring old beige! Beige has reached new heights in the last few years as homeowners have embraced the versatility of what was once considered a basic ‘builders’ colour.
One of the front runners in the Battle of the Beige is Sherwin Williams, as they have created a range of neutral colours that will satisfy even the pickiest connoisseur (like me…)
1. Sherwin Williams Barcelona Beige SW 7530
Barcelona Beige is a soft, slightly warm beige with a light-medium depth (LRV 47). Overall, it’s one of the most neutral beige colours as it isn’t overly warm, but also isn’t grayed-out.
- Barcelona Beige is a great way to get a warm beige paint colour, without it being too yellow-orange toned
- Barcelona Beige is slightly better suited to south-facing rooms than north-facing rooms because it doesn’t have as much of that golden backdrop
- The LRV of Barcelona Beige is 47 and can look a bit heavy in a room without adequate lighting
2. Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige SW 6106
Kilim Beige is warmer than many beige paint colours without fully committing to yellow, orange or pink (although there is a wink o’ pink in it!). It leans slightly more to the brown/orange end of things, not the yellow end, without becoming obnoxiously peach-toned. Compare it to Macadamia to see the difference.
A few thoughts…
- Kilim Beige loves north-facing rooms as it can help balance out a cool exposure
- Kilim Beige does have a wink of red (pink) tucked in it, so make sure it jibes with the undertones of your interior finishes
- Kilim Beige looks good with many’ wood tones, but avoid OVERLY yellow ones
- The LRV of Kilim is 60, so while it will reflect some light back into the room, don’t expect it to work ANY great wonders in a dark room
Read more: Is Beige Back? You Might Be Surprised!
3. Sherwin Williams Nomadic Desert SW 6107
Being the light-medium version of Kilim Beige, Nomadic Desert has the same features, just on a slightly deeper level. It’s on the warmer end of the beige scale with a blend of undertones that lean just a wee bit more orange than yellow, but not by much. When thinking of ‘beige’, Nomadic Desert is likely a little bit darker than the average person traditionally thinks of, but isn’t so heavy that it will weigh down a well-lit room. There’s a wink of red in there, but not enough to make things go pinkish.
A few thoughts…
- Nomadic Desert LOVES most wood tones but can fight a bit with overly yellow ones
- Nomadic suits both north or south-facing rooms, as long as they’re well lit
- With an LRV of 50, it won’t add nor absorb light in a room. This means that it could feel a bit heavy in a low-light or dark room, but may calm down an overly light and bright room
CLICK HERE or on the above images to see available packages!
Let’s take a quick break to talk about paint samples…
Undoubtedly, you’ll be heading out in the near future to grab paint samples – stop right there! I want you to check out SAMPLIZE. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients…
- Samples arrive ON YOUR DOORSTEP in 1-3 business days, depending on location
- At $6.99, they’re more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needing for traditional paint sampling
- If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room
Visit the SAMPLIZE website HERE
4. Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige SW 7036
Accessible Beige is a gorgeous beige that has a soft and subtle gray undertone, making it look the LEAST like a typical golden beige paint colour.
Food for thought…
- Accessible Beige is really happy with most wood tones (it told me so)
- It’s also a great tone for a north or south-facing room without the risk of it looking heavy or drab (check out its FULL-colour review here)
- Accessible Beige doesn’t have a super high LRV, sitting above 55, but not by much. So, while it’s a lighter colour, if you have a dark room it might feel a bit flat
5. Sherwin Williams Balanced Beige SW 7037
Balanced Beige is the slightly darker, light-medium version of Accessible Beige. It ALMOST has a subtle gray/taupe cast to it, while still holding onto some great warmth, especially in a south-facing room.
Check out my SUPER cool video on Accessible Beige…
Want a beige that’s custom-tailored to your personal tastes?
Check out my E-Design / Color Consulting and Decorating Services!
KYLIE M INTERIORS E-DESIGN ONLINE OR VIRTUAL PAINT COLOUR CONSULTING AND DIY HOME DECOR ADVICE BLOGGER SPECIALIZING IN BENJAMIN MOORE AND SHERWIN WILLIAMS PAINT COLOURS