The Top 4 White Paint Colours for Kitchen Cabinets
Warm whites, cool whites, dirty whites, pink, blue, green – you name a colour, white’s got it covered! And choosing a white can be a HARROWING experience, especially if you aren’t starting from scratch, with existing finishes to coordinate with. So, I’ve narrowed things down to a few of my fave, ‘go-to whites’ for you to check out that should be white up your alley.
BTW: The best way to pick your fave white is to compare them to each other. This will really help you narrow down the undertones and decide which one best suits you and your home.
1. Sherwin Williams High Reflective White SW 7757
Oh, you want WHITE, do you? For me, High Reflective White is the best ‘white-white’. While there is the ODD Sherwin William’s store that doesn’t carry it for some reason, I’ve found that most SW’s do.
A simple white like High Reflective White will give you a pretty clean look, but remember, your home must be able to visually support a white kitchen. Many of my E-design clients find traditional whites just a bit too icy and cold for their space and need to soften things up a bit with a warmer white, especially when they have existing finishes to accommodate which often aren’t really that white.
What paint colours are similar to High Reflective White?
- BM Chantilly Lace. This is a popular one with designers. Personally, I find it a stitch too icy and while it does act ‘white’, there are other ways to do it without the cool edge
- BM Super White. This is just a touch softer while doing the same thing as Chantilly – looking like white
- SW Extra White. It’ll look like white, but like Chantilly, I find it a bit stark/cool
See more of this kitchen here: A Contemporary New Home
2. Benjamin Moore Cloud White CC-40
Definitely the most popular soft white, Cloud White looks like a ‘real white’ UNTIL you place it next to a ‘real white’ (like paper or my butt cheeks). If you didn’t know yet that it’s that type of blog – now you know. Just joking, I have an off sense of humour.
Cloud White has a subtle yellow/creamy undertone with a grounded neutral base which makes it not as stark as a traditional white. However, if you already have ‘white’ trim, white appliances or white windows, you WILL notice the difference.
See more Cloud White here: A Maple Kitchen Makeover with Cloud White
What paint colours are similar to Cloud White?
- Sherwin Williams Alabaster – just a wink softer and creamier
- Benjamin Moore Simply White. Has the warmth, but it’s cleaner and brighter, so the yellow can show up to the party a bit more
Let’s take a quick break to talk about paint samples…
Undoubtedly, you’ll be heading out in the near future to grab paint samples – stop right there! I want you to check out SAMPLIZE. Samplize offers peel & stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients…
- Samples arrive ON YOUR DOORSTEP in 1-3 business days, depending on location
- At $6.99, they’re more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needing for traditional paint sampling
- If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room
Visit the SAMPLIZE website HERE
3. Benjamin Moore White Dove OC 17
White Dove is my FAVE on this page…or anywhere. Ever.
In the above kid’s room, you can see White Dove on the trim and walls.
While some whites and off-whites will give a ‘fresh and bright’ look, White Dove is white, but a touch softer and more subtle, without being as creamy as Cloud White.
What paint colours are similar to White Dove?
- Nothing…nothing compares to White Dove
4. Sherwin Williams Pure White SW 7005
Pure White is fantastic. It’s a white paint colour that sits in between the warmth of White Dove and the cleanliness of High Reflective White.
What paint colours are similar to Pure White?
- Like White Dove, I don’t have any colours that come up to par. If I had to pick one, I suppose it would be BM Oxford White
Not sure which white is best for your kitchen cabinets?
Check out my affordable Online Colour Consulting!
HOW to Pick the Best White for Your Cabinets, Trims or Walls
Kylie M E-Design, Interiors and Decorating Online, Virtual Paint Colour Consultant Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams specialist
Originally written in 2017, updated in 2019