All About: Benjamin Moore Simply White
Check out my video at the end of the blog post…
BTW – please excuse the lack of photos. I am transitioning my blog to have ONLY photos that are of my E-design projects. However, the info is 100% valid, so please keep reading!
Simply White is definitely one of the more popular whites on the market right now and there’s GOOD reason for that…
- It’s versatile. Because it doesn’t have a dominant undertone it suits almost every home/style
- It’s neutral. While it has a slightly warm undertone, it’s super passive and just comes off as a fresh off-white without any definitive ‘colour’
But the BEST thing about Simply White is that it’s good for every surface in your home. Walls, trims, exterior, interior, cupboards, furniture, doors, ceilings – you name it, it’s got it covered.
Now let’s see how it might work for you…
Simply White in the Kitchen (cabinets)…
Simply White is a no-brainer for kitchen cabinets. It’s fresh, but not stark white appearance is the perfect choice for a fresh, bright kitchen! If you are a STICKLER for matchy-matchy whites though, you might find it a bit too warm for a traditional white/gray marble (countertop or backsplash).
Whereas Cloud White has a slightly neutral base to calm it down and White Dove is even MORE muted than Cloud White, Simply White is a way to get a fresher, more crisp – but warm white.
Simply White on the Walls
Simply White is fantastic for walls in ANY exposure, it just depends on the look you are going for. The only time it won’t work well is if you don’t have great lighting in a north/east facing room and don’t have the interior lighting to make up for it.
North & east facing rooms: The warmth of Simply White can help balance out the cool gray/blue light coming in the windows.
South and west facing rooms: The warmth of Simply White will be slightly enhanced in a south or west facing room.
Read more: Benjamin Moore’s 8 Best White Paint Colours
Simply White on Trim and Ceilings
When choosing the right white for trims and ceilings it can hard to figure out which one will be best for BOTH. Well, stop that smoke from coming out of yer’ ears and take a close look at Simply White as it acts like white – without being stark or cold feeling.
Simply White on Trims and Railings
Is it time to update those old oak railings? Or maybe your chipped and dirty white trim has seen better days? Either way, Simply White can add a breath of fresh air to the finer details in your home.
Simply White in a Kids Room
It can be hard to find a paint colour that both you and honey-boo-boo agree on. By painting the walls white, you can have FUN with accent colours, fabrics and accessories!
Whether you are wanting an all-white room or are pairing white with a smashing feature wall, Simply White is fabulous and timeless for a kids bedroom or nursery.
What to watch out for…
- Simply White can fall flat in a low-light/low energy room as it really is a glorified white and is better suited to moderate to well-lit spaces
- While it does ‘suit’ warm and cool colours, blue/green/purple can very (very) subtly enhance the yellow undertone of this colour (super passive)
- It is not great with pink tones
- It looks ‘good’ with marble for a slightly softened look, but personally, I prefer a starker white or gray
A bit more about Simply White
- It is an off-white that will ‘act like white’ – just not as stark
- Compared to Cloud White it is a bit more fresh, bright and clean looking
- It has a slightly warm yellow undertone vs plain white which can be a bit more stark
- Simply White is a FAB backdrop to artwork
- It’s a great colour to balance off the cool gray/blue of a north facing room
Do you want to see Simply White in action? Check out my video explaining MORE about this great white paint colour!
Need help picking YOUR best white paint colour?
Check out my affordable E-Design and Color Consulting Services