Need a color that’s earthy & serene? Look no further than Pewter Green
..it’s the shade to be seen! Okay, okay, I’m done. But for real, Pewter Green is all of those things and then some. Read along to find out more about this bad boy and see if it could be the color for you.
BEFORE WE GET STARTED…
To show you RELATEABLE & REAL homes, I ONLY use photos from my Online Color Consulting clients. This means I don’t always have the quality photos I need or the RIGHT photos, but DEFINITELY have some SUPER helpful info to help you on your way!
IS PEWTER GREEN A WARM OR COOL PAINT COLOR?
While Pewter Green LOOKS like a standard (but muted) shade of green, it leans cool because of its undertones (which I’ll touch on momentarily). Because Pewter Green is a cool shade of green, it will only look that BIT cooler in north-facing light.
However, it can be stunning in a room with southern light or western afternoon sunshine because its cooler approach can add some balance. THIS BEING SAID, even though it will lean cool in northern light, the degree of COLOR (chroma) still makes it darn pretty.
WHAT’S PEWTER GREENS LRV?
Pewter Green’s LRV is 12! That makes it a medium-dark depth but flirts closer to the DARK side rather than the medium. With this low of an LRV, it will reflect SOME light, but not a whole lot. Luckily, its degree or color makes it appear in almost any room, even with reasonably low light.
- In a BRIGHT room, Pewter Green will appear lighter, and you may notice the green color and undertones more. Why? Because the paint has more light to reflect!
- In a DARK room, Pewter Green will be a bit duller and won’t reflect much light (because there isn’t much light to reflect, ya know?) It will show up at the party as being green, it just won’t have its tassels on.
Not sure what LRV is? It could save your paint-lovin’ life – read all about it HERE.
WHAT UNDERTONES DOES PEWTER GREEN HAVE?
Pewter Green has a beautiful gray undertone. I’d say it leans more towards a true muted green, with subtle gray influences. And being a cool green, there is a bit of blue in there, but it’s not the kind of blue you’ll ever see.
SAMPLING PEWTER GREEN WITH PEEL & STICK
SAMPLIZE offers peel-and-stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER, and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots.
- Samples arrive ON YOUR DOORSTEP in 1 DAY, depending on the location.
- They’re more affordable than the sample pots/rollers/foam boards that are needed for traditional paint sampling.
WHAT WHITE TRIM COLORS GO WITH PEWTER GREEN?
Pewter Green is super accommodating regarding its best white for trims or cabinets. My two faves would have to be:
IS PEWTER GREEN A GOOD COLOR FOR THE EXTERIOR OF A HOME?
Ain’t nothin’ cuter than Pewter… Green on an exterior. I tried. Anyway, it can absolutely be a bomb color. However, you want to make sure you aren’t encompassed by TOO much landscaping, making your home camouflaged into the surroundings. In the home below, Pewter Green was added as an accent on the gables.
Rare Gray siding – Casa Blanca trim – PEWTER GREEN gables
IS PEWTER GREEN A GOOD COLOR FOR KITCHEN CABINETS?
It most definitely could be. I’d probably lean more into JUST lower cabinets and having lighter uppers OR just an island. But the depth of Pewter Green could be gorgeous if the undertones in the countertop and backsplash fit the bill.
My top places for Pewter Green because of its depth would be:
WHAT OTHER COLORS ARE SIMILAR TO PEWTER GREEN?
Comparison is the KEY to choosing the best paint color for your home. Don’t be afraid to explore other colors to see how undertones, temperatures, and LRVs shift…
- Sherwin Williams Cast Iron
- Benjamin Moore Rainy Afternoon
- Benjamin Moore Vintage Vogue (stronger)
- Sherwin Williams Night Owl
Sherwin Williams Night Owl
WHICH PAINT COLORS GO WITH PEWTER GREEN?
- WARM NEUTRALS: Colors like Sherwin Williams Alabaster or Repose Gray can work well alongside Pewter Green. These neutral shades can provide a subtle backdrop allowing Pewter Green to take center stage when partnered.
- EARTH TONES: Pewter Green can look amazeballs with warm, earthy colors like beiges and greiges. Colors similar to Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige (beige, obvi) and Worldly Gray (light greige).
- STORMY BLUES: Soft stormy blue shades like Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray and Gray Timberwolf can complement Pewter Green beautifully. The combination of green and blue undertones can work well together when done right.
Not sure which paint color is best for YOUR home?
Check out my Online Paint Color Consulting – I’d love to help!