The Top 5 Benjamin Moore Cream Paint Colours
Partner post to The Best Benjamin Moore Neutrals
While gray based neutrals have been the ‘big thing’ in the decorating world in the last few years (besides me, wink wink), I have to say that I have a soft spot for cream. I love the way it gives a neutral backdrop that is subtle, warm and inviting – without being remotely colourful or overbearing.
And there are hundreds and hundreds of beautiful cream colours to choose from – that should make it easy, right? Wrong. The more the merrier is not always the case when it comes to decorating and it’s easy to get overwhelmed when trying to find ‘just’ the right cream for your room.
So, how do you go about picking the one that’s just right for you? Well, you don’t. Okay, let me rephrase that…YOU don’t. I do. And I’m damn good at it!
(Please click on the underlined colour name to view their profile on the Benjamin Moore website)
The Best Benjamin Moore Cream Paint Colours
1. Benjamin Moore Navajo White OC 96
Navajo White is a light cream with a blend of yellow and orange and a neutral base to calm things down. This colour is fresh and warm without having any kind of ‘weight’ to it, making it a contender for almost any room!
The LRV of Navajo White is 78, meaning it will reflect quite a bit of light back into a room, making it feel bigger and brighter!
Read more: Using LRV to Pick a Paint Colour
A bit more about Navajo White
- Great if you’re looking for a light and warm palette that is verging on the ‘off-white’ range
- Navajo White is a tiny bit more colourful than a traditional ‘cream’
- A great complement to stronger feature walls or accent walls within a room
- Can work in both north and south-facing rooms. Soft enough to look warm, but not so yellow that it’s overpowering
2. Benjamin Moore Gentle Cream OC 96
Gentle Cream is a heavy cream with similar undertones to Navajo White, making it warm and inviting with a subtle neutral base. It’s a great colour to pair with earth tones, neutrals (like chocolate brown and charcoal) and in hallways when you want a warm, but not white look.
The LRV of Gentle Cream is 71, so while it reflects less light than Navajo White, it will still add some great energy to your room.
Kylie M E-Design
Read more: Colour Review of Gentle Cream
A bit more about Gentle Cream
A great overall home or room colour
A lower contrast pairing to an accent or feature wall than Navajo White, with enough weight to play nicely
Beautiful as an exterior trim colour
- Warm enough to add visual warmth to a north-facing room, yet not so yellow that it’s too strong for an already ‘warm’ south-facing room
Click HERE or on the above image to see available packages!
3. Benjamin Moore Indian White OC 88
Indian White is similar to Navajo White and Gentle Cream but is slightly less yellow (more orange/beige).
Kylie M Interiors E-design
More about Indian White
- A great overall colour for a home
- Great as a partner to feature walls and accent walls
- Will act like a warm, but not overly colourful neutral
Let’s take a quick break to talk about paint samples…
Undoubtedly, you’ll be heading out in the near future to grab paint samples – stop right there! I want you to check out SAMPLIZE. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients…
- Samples arrive ON YOUR DOORSTEP in 1-3 business days, depending on location
- At $6.99, they’re more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needing for traditional paint sampling
- If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room
Visit the SAMPLIZE website HERE
4. Benjamin Moore Timid White OC 39
This is one of my fave creams when I want just a soft whisper of warmth. Timid White has that yellow-creamy base that ALL creams have and a wink of gray to tap it down, while still leaving a good amount of warmth on the table (or on the wall would be more the point).
More about Timid White
- It has an LRV of 84 so it’s pretty darned light! On a wall with tons of natural lighting, it will lighten up THAT much more but will come back as the sun shifts
- While there could be a very (very) small amount of green in it, it’s so vague I’ve never actually seen it show up to the party
5. Benjamin Moore Ballet White OC 9
Ballet White is a fabulous neutral. It’s the least creamy of the bunch as it’s yellow/cream base is GREATLY grounded by a lovely beige/gray blend. So, if you find that some of the above colours are a touch too warm for you – this might hit the spot! Its neutral base calms things down and is almost greige in comparison to the above colours, giving it a warm, but more neutral look.
Read more: Colour Review of Ballet White
Ballet White is particularly great for…
Overall colour in a home
- Suits homes with southern or northern exposures
Not as good for low-light/shadowed rooms as it can get a bit flat
Not sure which colour is best for you?
Check out my Online Color Consulting and E-Decorating Services
Kylie M Interiors Interior Decorating, Design, Home Staging and Online Color Consultant Based in Nanaimo BC, Vancouver Island