The Best Benjamin Moore Cream Paint Colours
Partner post to The Best Benjamin Moore Neutrals
While gray based neutrals have been the ‘big thing’ in the decorating world in the last few years (besides me, wink wink), I have to say that I have a soft-spot for cream. I love the way it sets a neutral backdrop that is subtle, warm and inviting – without being remotely colourful or overbearing.
And really, there are hundreds and hundreds of beautiful cream colours to choose from – that should make it easy, right? Wrong. The more the merrier is not always the case when it comes to decorating and it’s easy to get overwhelmed when trying to find ‘just’ the right cream for your space.
So how do you go about picking the one that’s just right for you? Well, you don’t. Okay, let me rephrase that…YOU don’t. I do. And I’m damn good at it!
(Please click on the underlined colour name to view their profile on the Benjamin Moore website)
The Best Benjamin Moore Cream Paint Colours
Benjamin Moore Navajo White OC 96
Navajo White is a light cream that has a blend of yellow and orange with a nice neutral base to calm things down. This colour is fresh and warm without having any kind of ‘weight’ to it, making it a contender for almost any room!
The LRV of Navajo White is 78, making it a colour that will reflect quite a bit of light back into a room – making it feel bigger and brighter!
Read more: Using LRV to Pick a Paint Colour
A bit more about Navajo White
- It’s great if you’re looking for a light and warm palette that is verging on the ‘off-white’ range
- Navajo White is a tiny bit more colourful than a traditional ‘cream’
- It is a great complement to stronger feature walls or accents within a room
- It can work in both north and south facing rooms. Soft enough to look warm, but not so yellow that it’s overpowering. The bottom photo is as warm as it gets
Benjamin Moore Gentle Cream OC 96
Gentle Cream is a heavy cream with similar undertones as Navajo White, making it warm and inviting with a subtle neutral base. It’s a great colour to pair with earth tones, neutrals (like chocolate brown and charcoal) and in hallways when you want a warm, but not white look.
Read more: Colour Review of Gentle Cream
The LRV of Gentle Cream is 71, so while it reflects less light than Navajo White, it will still add some great energy to a room.
Kylie M E-Design
A bit more about Gentle Cream
It’s a great overall home or room colour
It is a lower contrast pairing to an accent or feature wall than Navajo White, with enough weight to play nicely
It’s beautiful as an exterior trim colour
- It will work in north and south facing rooms – it’s warm enough to add visual warmth to a north facing room, yet not so yellow that it is too strong for an already ‘warm’ south facing room
Click on above image to see available packages!
Benjamin Moore Indian White OC 88
Indian White is similar to Navajo White and Gentle Cream but is slightly less yellow (slightly more orange/beige).
Both photos via Kylie M Interiors E-design
More about Indian White
- Indian White is a great overall colour for a home
- Indian White is a great complement to feature walls and accent walls
- Indian White will act like a warm, but not overly colourful neutral
Benjamin Moore Timid White OC 39
This is one of my fave creams when I want just a soft whisper of warmth. Timid White has that yellow/creamy base that ALL creams have and a wink of gray to tap it down, but it still leaves a good amount of warmth left over.
More about Timid White
- It has an LRV of 84 so it’s pretty darned light! On a wall with tons of natural lighting, it will lighten up THAT much more but will come back in the evening
- While there could be a very (very) small amount of green in it, it’s so vague I’ve never actually seen it show up to the party
Benjamin Moore Ballet White OC 9
Ballet White is a fabulous neutral. It is the least ‘creamy ‘of the bunch as it’s cream colour is GREATLY grounded by a lovely beige/gray blend. So, if you find that some of the above colours are a touch too warm for you – this might hit the spot! Its neutral base calms things down and is almost greige in comparison to the above colours, giving it a ‘warm neutral’ look.
Read more: Colour Review of Ballet White
Ballet White is particularly great for…
Overall colour in a home
- Suits homes with southern or northern exposure
Not as good for low-light/shadowed rooms as it can get a bit flat
Not sure which colour is best for you? Check out my affordable Online Color Consulting and E-Decorating Services
Kylie M Interiors Interior Decorating, Design, Home Staging and Online Color Consultant Based in Nanaimo BC, Vancouver Island