My FIRST E-Books…and there’s more to come!
I’m so friggin’ excited I can hardly type straight (either that or I’ve had one glass too many…again)! Seriously, I love to hear myself talk SO MUCH, that I thought I should not just have a BLOG, but I should write e-books too! Actually, REALLY seriously, I friggin’ love this stuff. I love paint colours, I love decorating, and I LOVE writing and have been bustin’ my buns getting these books ready for a Fall launch.
Why home staging you might ask? Well, it’s an old love of mine. Back when my business was 100% local, not only did I offer colour consulting and decorating/design assistance, I also did a TON of home staging for local realtors and homeowners. I have seen the good, the bad, and the downright FUGLY and I want to share tips and ideas to help you get TOP dollar for your home, no matter what shape it’s in!
And because I have SO much flying around my brain, I broke it down into 2 e-books that are BEST used in partnership with each other…
Home Staging – The 5 Room Fix
This book is not the fluffy stuff my funny friend – this is the meat n’ potatoes of getting your home ready for sale. If you’re wanting to sell your home, but have NO idea where to start, this book will get you off and runnin’! Let’s take a look at what this e-book will cover:
- An in-depth look at the 5 Key Rooms in your home and why they matter the most
- Ideas for each of the 5 Key Rooms that can be carried into any room in your home
- Step-by-step tips on how to de-clutter, pack and clean your home
- Basic decorating and layout ideas so that your home shows at its best
- Handy print-outs to make your cleaning easier
- Over 70+ pages of buyer-friendly and BUDGET-friendly ideas
- Tips for what the average home buyer is looking for and how to stage for mass appeal
- Charming and witty comments, which almost everyone can benefit from
And in the VERY near future, I’m going to be tweaking this book so that it can be used for the EVERYDAY HOMEOWNER, the one who wants to make a fresh start with the home they plan on staying in. So, if you want to clear the clutter, clean those corners and create a clean slate for enjoying the home you have – THAT version is coming asap (asap being 3-4 weeks, depending on my free-time and wine consumption).
And you could definitely buy THIS book only, not the second one. However, it’s the second book that takes things to the next level re: decorating and accessorizing – you know, the FUN stuff, which is often what buyers notice first!
Here’s a sneak-peek…
Home Staging – The Final Touches
THIS is the juicy stuff. Okay, it’s not THAT juicy you randy lil’ thing, but it sure as heck is fun!
This book wasn’t designed for the homeowner who wants to rent fancy furniture and go all buck-wild with their budget. It was designed for the budget-conscious homeowner, the one who is happy to invest a bit if NEEDED but would rather focus on accessible and affordable ideas (but it is also darned handy for those who want to spend money too!).
Not everyone has the budget to go out and rent furniture, furniture that can cost hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of dollars (per month). Sometimes it’s about doing the best you can with what you have and spending ‘smart money’ where needed – and that’s what this book (and the previous book) is about.
If you’ve always wondered what makes a nice bookshelf display, how to accessorize your bedside table or how high your art should be hanging – I’ve got it covered in this e-book…plus a lot more. With a focus on the 5 Key Rooms and BUDGET-FRIENDLY ideas, you’ll learn how to decorate almost ANY surface in your home – plus so many more fun tips and ideas!
Here’s just SOME of what will be covered in this 70+ page e-book:
- Learn how to decorate your entryway so that it’s inviting to a buyer
- Discover tips and tricks to decorate your kitchen countertops so that they have mass appeal, but are still reasonably functional
- Learn how to accessorize everyday surfaces in your main living areas – fireplace mantels, dining tables, sofas, side tables and more!
- Learn the rules and guidelines for hanging almost ANY piece of artwork!
- Find out how to give your bedroom a look that has mass appeal, one that practically INVITES a buyer into your bed (I mean, there are ways to make money other than real estate – wink wink)
- Discover the tips that create a bathroom that is simple, timeless and appealing to anyone who appreciates their time in this important space
While this book could be bought independently of The 5 Room Fix, I HIGHLY recommend that you start with the other and THEN move on to this one (buy them as a package, it’s a better price). It’s VITALLY important to get your rooms ready, and not just for accessories, but for SERIOUS buyers who are looking beyond the basic decorative items. It’s not just about the pretty stuff when it comes time to get top dollar for your biggest investment!And like the first book, I will be tweaking this one towards those of you who want ideas, but AREN’T SELLING their home. In this adjusted version, you’ll get more ‘personalized’ ideas vs those that have mass appeal.
Coming in the next 6-8 weeks are these follow-up books:
Home Staging – The Exterior
You won’t get a second chance to make a first impression, and your exterior needs to be in top-notch shape to hit the mark.
In this e-book, you’ll learn a ton of helpful tips and ideas to transform your exterior from drab to fab, including the following:
- How to make your front door the focal point
- Cleaning and fixing tips
- Ideas for what is appealing to today’s buyer
- Red flags and hot spots to avoid…AND MORE!
The Ultimate Guide to Paint Colours
That’s right…it’s coming. And it’s going to be awesome.