Are you tired of trying to find the right finish, size and style of pendant light? I don’t blame you! That’s why I’ve curated some GORGEOUS ones below, focusing on slightly smaller ones that are best suited to:
- A small entryway
- Over an island (2 or 3)
- Over a small round or square kitchen table (4 seater)
- Over a bathtub
As with all of my online shopping, I try balance STYLE, PRICE, and QUALITY. And while I can’t speak directly to the quality of each piece (I’m not crazy enough to order them ALL), I only select items that have 4+ stars.
Here are some online shopping tips to get you started:
- Make sure that any item you buy has 4+ stars
- Read the reviews. See how others felt about the quality/colour/comfort
- Measure twice! Nothing worse than ordering something to find it out doesn’t fit!
Product links BELOW main image.
1. Darby Home Mini Pendant 2. Bundy 1 Light Bowl Pendant 3. Cayden 1 Light Globe Pendant 4. Jere Double Glass Pendant 5. Bautista 1 Light Pendant 6. Attles 1 Light Mini Pendant 7. Caster 1 Light Globe Pendant 8. Filament 1 Light Mini Pendant 9. Itko Schoolhouse Pendant 10. Sutton Teardrop Pendant 11. Brook 1 Light Pendant 12. Nadine Schoolhouse Pendant
1. Abrego 4 Light Pendant 2. Northport Pendant Light 3. Morganti 4 Light Pendant 4. Natarsha 4 Light Pendant 5. Odie 4 Light Pendant 6. Robles 2 Light Pendant 7. Odie 8 Light Pendant 8. Stockton 4 Light Pendant 9. Ardlow 1 Light Pendant 10. Lexington 4 Light Globe 11. Sanderson 3 Light Drum 12. Trinton 1 Light Pendant
How big should a dining room light fixture be?
Circular or Oval Dining Table
Ideally, you would have it approx. 1 foot less than the width of the table (the widest part). This works whether it’s a circle or oval.
- 42″ wide: Your light would be approx. 18-20″
- 48″ wide: Your light would be approx. 24″
Another way to think of it is to choose a light that is approx. 1/2 to 2/3 as wide as the widest part of the table. In the end, both measures will be similar.
How wide/big should a pendant light be over an island or peninsula?
There’s a LOT of room to move with this one and usually bigger is better (another epic love-life reference). Here’s some basic guidelines to get you started…
- The pendant light should sit at least 10-12″ in from the widest part of your countertop. So, if your island is 3′ wide you’ll want the pendant to be no bigger than 12″.
- Don’t cram too many pendants in, while it’s all relative to the size of the pendant there should be approx. 24-30″ in between bulbs. If your pendants are extraordinarily large, consider 30-36″ between bulbs
How high should an entryway or foyer light hang from the floor?
You should have 7′ of clearance (minimum) from your floor to the bottom of your light if you have a 1 level entryway.
If you have a 2 storey entryway, you don’t want the light hanging below the 2nd story (so that it’s in the 1st story’s airspace)
An easy way to come up with a number is to take the width of your room and add it to the depth of the room. Of course, there is something to be said for an over-sized statement light, so don’t let any numbers dissuade you!
So if you have a room that is 10 feet wide and 12′ long you’ll do 10+12=22″– SHAZAAM! There’s your light size, approx. 22″
Check out my affordable E-design packages to see if one will work for you!
This blog post contains affiliate links which means I make a small commission from each sale at NO cost to you. Thank you for your support!